Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What do you think?......

I was reading a post on BBC awhile back about how a woman thought we should keep up our appearance as we did when we were dating our significant others and that if we let ourselves go and the significant other cheats then some how it is okay because we got lazy. I totally think it is BS to believe this but it did get me to thinking. How many of us have kept up our appearance since getting married and having kids? I will be the first to admit I have turned into a slob when it comes to myself. I rarely do my hair and makeup. Some days I don't even get out of my pajamas or brush my hair! Ewwww I know! I am not this person, I used to be the type of person that wouldn't even leave the house without a shower, makeup and making sure my hair was perfect. I do admit when I do do my hair and makeup it makes me feel good about myself. So why is it that I just don't? I can't blame time because when I feel like doing my hair and makeup I always find the time. Why is it I have gotten lazy about this? I got to thinking about how my husband probably feels when he comes home to a wife that really looks like shit, pardon my language but it is true! I bet he would like to come home to someone that doesn't look like they have just climbed out of bed. I know if I worked all day and came home to my husband looking like he was in bed all day I would feel like WTF!!! If you know what I mean. Don't take this the wrong way I am in no way saying that a significant other has the right to cheat what so ever because the person they married has let themselves go, but does it play a role if they do decide to cheat? Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda- I found your blog on your BabyCenter post. Mommy to 5- wow! I'm impressed. A good book to read is called "For Women Only". I think it would give you some insight as to some of the thoughts and behaviors that our husbands have and maybe answer your question about how important your appearance is in your relationship. Also, a scavenger hunt is a fun activity, getting out a sprinkler on a hot day or water balloons, making your own ice cream or popsicles. Or maybe just google "summer kid activites" or "kids crafts" and see what you can find. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete