Monday, August 9, 2010

I Hate Shopping

I actually don't hate shopping for anything else but clothes for myself! I could shoe shop all day but for some reason I hate clothes shopping. I never used to be like this when I was skinny but now that I am "fluffy" I hate the way everything fits and looks on me. I am probably being hard on myself but I want to feel comfortable.
I have my goddaughter's quince to go to in less then 3 weeks and cannot for the life of me find a dress. I went to DEB's, BIG MISTAKE, everything there is for 5'11 and 120 lb girls! I went to Sears and JC Penny and all I find there in my size are dresses that look like table clothes. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place! All I want is a dress that is in style, is gonna hide my fat rolls, make me feel confident and that I will fell comfortable in. Is that too much to ask?
My SIL tells me to just pick one and that nobody is going to be looking at me. Well maybe not but I am the godmother so I would like to look nice and not have people saying "Damn, Amanda looks rough!" LOL. I have thought maybe I should just wear slacks and a nice blouse but no damn it I want to wear a dress and show everyone that I can look like a lady sometimes!
If only I could lose this last 30 lbs I might be able to finally shop and not feel so bad about it!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the exact same way. Things just don't fit like they used to, and it makes shopping for clothes miserable. Have you checked Target? Or J. Crew? I have found dresses both places that are cute & stylish, yet also hide problem areas. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete