Wednesday, August 11, 2010

And The Time Has Come...

My youngest is over 18 months old and it is time for me to have my body back and for the breastfeeding to stop. Out of all my kids he is the one that is being the most stubborn about weaning. The fits for the boobie are beyond ridiculous. So far I have him to only nursing at night. I think one more week and then get him off completely!
But when I come to think of it I am kind of sad to be weaning. This will be my last baby I nurse. I love breastfeeding just absolutely love it but I feel in my heart it is time. I love the bonding and just seeing him look at me while he is nursing but some times it has become a burden like when we are out and about and he is pulling at my shirt or when I am trying to do dishes and he is standing in front of me pulling on my shirt saying boobie, boobie, boobie! Plus it is like he has an alarm on them and if my husband comes anywhere near them he wakes up or decides he needs me! LOL! As much as I will miss it it will also be a relief to know when he is thirsty he can just get his sippy instead of me finding a place to sit and nurse!

No comments:

Post a Comment